SIM card registration failed

SIM card registration failed

Postby daveryanschultz » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:34 am

I activated 3 hours ago. Also, on my account it's not showing the number I want ported from my old service. It gave me a new #. Does this take time? Do they give you another number temporarily until your old number ports across?

I keep shutting the phone down, and turn it back on yet it says:

"SIM card registration failed".

I've done this 10 times now.

I hear calling customer service is really bad. It's not even open currently, but I already fear calling.

If I return the phone, can I also return the $45/unlimited 1 month card I was forced to buy with the phone?
daveryanschultz

Re: SIM card registration failed

Postby Stephanie_ST » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:52 am

Hi daveryanschultz. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby askaria » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:12 am

Being active, I hope this issue is resolved, I'm having a similar issue in which my phone isn't activating at all it has not yet shown the activation failed message but simply remains unregistered sim / activation required.
askaria

Postby Stephanie_ST » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi askaria. My name is StraightTalk Stephanie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. I will contact you directly with a private message to help you with your issue. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby samantha712 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 am

Please help!! I called yesterday to change my number to match my new area code. They said it would take up to 24 hours, now all of a sudden my phone keeps saying SIM card registration failed. My time is being used because I can't make phone calls. I need my phone. I live alone with a 8 month old. My "old" phone number is 252-XXX-XXXX. If this continues I will be expecting compensation. Its already been a couple of hours now. Thanks
samantha712

Postby ST - Larry » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 am

Hi samantha712. My name is Straight Talk Larry. We need to take this issue offline so we can address it further. Please make multiple posts or at least five posts to enable private message. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Getting started, adding Airtime and other general Straight Talk discussions.