galaxy proclaim error 497 google play store

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

galaxy proclaim error 497 google play store

Postby mommyhaz2angelz » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:53 am

On the google play store it downloads about 90% and then says error 497 . i have tried everything i can find on the internet to fix this problem but it will not fix. also it takes forever to load youtube videos and has to buffer a million times so its pointless to try to watch them. this phone is only 1 month old.
mommyhaz2angelz

Re: galaxy proclaim error 497 google play store

Postby butterfliqueen » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:34 pm

You cannot stream (music, pandora, videos, youtube, online games) on ST data, you must be connected to a WIFI connection to stream per terms of service. If you do stream on ST data, like you just said you did, they can throttle your data, shut off your data or shut off your phone. It sounds like you were throttled. Just remember when your speeds get fixed when you renew your month to use WIFI for all streaming, or you could be shut off since you were already throttled.
butterfliqueen

Re: galaxy proclaim error 497 google play store

Postby ST - Larry » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:53 am

Hi mommyhaz2angelz . My name is ST - Larry. Please be informed that though we offer unlimited browsing, but not for audio/video streaming or using your phone as a modem for your Laptops or Personal Computers. This kind of usage will have a great impact on the carrier’s network and service level and may result into system issues. Use the phone’s WiFi connection should you need to use it for video/audio streaming or any activity that will require large amount of data. To learn more about data usage, please call this hotline number 1-888-887-9118. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Welcome