iphone 3gs

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

iphone 3gs

Postby handyrandy625 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:57 am

I have a factory unlocked iPhone 3Gs that i can call and text on but unable to get mms-have looked on the other post and the reply is always someone from straight talk that will get back with a private msg----guess will wait for my reply
handyrandy625

Re: iphone 3gs

Postby Lindsay_ST » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:55 am

Hi handyrandy625. My name is Straight Talk Lindsay. We are sorry for the trouble. Please follow the instructions on how to set up your phone’s APN settings.
1. While on WiFi, open Safari and type in iapnupdate.straighttalk.com.
2. Tap Install.
3. Tap Install Now.
4. Enter your pass code if prompted.
5. Tap Done.
6. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off the WiFi, and re-boot your phone.
7. With WiFi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working. Once you're done, please try to send a picture message to your own phone number.
Lindsay_ST

Postby handyrandy625 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:54 pm

I installed the iapnupdate-the certification showed not to be verified but installed anyway. That did change my APN settings uder my profile to att.mvno. I exited the browser,turned off wi-fi,and re-booted phone-when loaded back up tryed to get on internet through safari i can't-message says i will have to connect through wi-fi. I have read to use the StraightTalk.mobileconfig file and email to iphone after unzip it and use unlockit to be able to set the apn that way-but neither the iapnupdate you suggested or the StraightTalk.mobileconfig file i mentioned lets me change the MMS settings. I can get the APN settings changed but what i am needing to know is how to change the MMS settings so i can send/receive picture msgs. Will be waiting on your reply-Thanks
handyrandy625

Postby ST - Kyle » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi handyrandy625. My name is ST - Kyle. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby handyrandy625 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Got ur msg ST-Kyle--------just posted 4 more post-have my serial number ready you wanted-will be waiting on your pm and send it to you-thanks
handyrandy625

Postby JohnL83 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:39 am

I am having the same problem in that I ran the iapnupdate and Apn does show straight but have found that my supposed to be unlocked phone is locked to AT&T . So when I bought sim card I did the unlocked and AT&T compatible and now in this situation. So is it the sim card? Is the sim card different for unlocked vs locked phone? I am supposed to be getting a replacement 3GS that is unlocked like I paid for but what if they lied and next one is also locked, then do I need to buy different sim card?
JohnL83

Postby JohnL83 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:44 am

I had called the sim card number but was on hold over 20 minutes so hung up and then got thru at regular customer support but they had no idea on this and also said they could not transfer me or connect me with sim card help people.
JohnL83

Postby Sophie_ST » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 am

Hi JohnL83. My name is Straight Talk Sophie. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
Sophie_ST

Postby Jamescell » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:50 pm

Best way I have found is to forget any automatic apn changers.. They all don't work! Only thing I have found to do it right is the apple iPhone configuration utility.. It takes a minute at most to make you own functioning apn profile.. Pm me your email and I can send the one I made that actually works to you.
Jamescell

Return to Welcome