$30 plan not compatible

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

$30 plan not compatible

Postby accountswu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:03 am

This is ridiculous. I bought a SIM card for $9.99 + tax and I bought a $30 plan for 1000 minutes / 30 days. I cannot activate it, no reason is given but I am told that I need to buy an unlimited card. Why should I buy an unlimited? Why is this $30 plan sold without telling me that it cannot be used? Whatever the ridiculous reason is behind this, it should be mentioned when the $30 plan is being sold.

I just switched my entire family plan from AT&T to StraightTalk and I am EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED with this nonsensical issue. The customer service at StraightTalk is unbelievable, when there is some load they don't even put you in a queue but just have an automated message that tells you to call back later. RIDICULOUS!

I hope some customer service is available on this forum, I am too tired to deal with this now.

Here is the error I am getting:
"The Service PIN you provided is not compatible with your Straight Talk phone. You may buy an Unlimited card with a Credit or Debit card."

I just need to activate my Dad's phone with this SIM so that I can get rid of the existing family plan.

PS: For moderator: Are you going to block this post because it criticizes your company for stealing $30 with no refund option? Do I need to say that "Straight Talk" is the best and then it will be approved?
accountswu

Re: $30 plan not compatible

Postby Charisse » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:47 am

Hi accountswu. My name is Straight Talk Charisse and I will be addressing your question. Where did you purchase the BYOP SIM card? We're sorry but we cannot process a refund for wrongly purchased Service card since it is clearly stated online and on the activation card that the Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) program will only work with the unlimited plan. The $30 All You Need plan will only work on our regular Straight Talk branded phones excluding our Android phones and Smartphones. Thanks.
Charisse

Re: $30 plan not compatible

Postby accountswu » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi Charisse,

Thank you for the response. I bought the SIM card from straighttalk's own website and I bought the $30 plan from walmart's website. I didn't see it specified anywhere that the regular 9.99 SIM card can only be used with an unlimited plan and not with a $30 plan. I didn't see it specified anywhere that the $30 plan will not work with the SIM card.

What are my options? How can I upgrade this useless $30 plan to a $45 plan? Or how can I change this SIM to somehow work with that $30 plan?

Or are you saying that no SIM card phone, i.e. no GSM phone, will work with $30 plan?
accountswu

Return to Welcome