iPhone on iOS 6

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

iPhone on iOS 6

Postby njwp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:06 pm

Is Straight Talk service going to work on iOS 6? Data & MMS ?
njwp

Re: iPhone on iOS 6

Postby ST - Kyle » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi njwp. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. As long as the phone is an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone, then it should work. To view more information about the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, you can visit this site www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby njwp » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:33 pm

ST - Kyle wrote:Hi njwp. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. As long as the phone is an AT&T GSM phone, T-Mobile GSM phone, or an UNLOCKED domestic GSM phone, then it should work. To view more information about the BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) program, you can visit this site http://www.straighttalkSIM.com. Thanks.

I heard Apple blocked the APN Changer Settings for straight talk.
njwp

Postby derickito » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:14 pm

ST - Kyle,

Can you confirm that I am able to change the APN settings on iOS 6 with the AT&T phone? I have straight talk and I got the iOS 6 Beta 4 and I couldn't change the APN settings. I don't want to upgrade to iOS 6 if I'm not going to be able to change the APN settings.

Thanks,
derickito

Postby daviddietz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:16 pm

I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 installed. I can confirm that after upgrading, everything works perfectly EXCEPT MMS messages. I can send them to other iPhones using iMessages, however. I cannot receive or send media messages. Also, iOS 6 removed the option to manually enter the MMS settings. At this time there isn't a way to do it. The only thing I have going for me at the point is that I've submitted my request to AT&T to unlock my device being that it isn't in contract any longer. The jailbreak community is also working to jailbreak iOS 6. When that happens, you can install TetherMe and update your Network/carrier settings from it. Hope this helps!
daviddietz

Postby ST - Kyle » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:42 am

Hi derickito. My name is ST - Kyle and I will be addressing your question. You may refer to your phone's user manual or manufacturer for further assistance. Thanks.
ST - Kyle

Postby Starfish108 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:12 pm

daviddietz wrote:I have an iPhone 4 with iOS 6 installed. I can confirm that after upgrading, everything works perfectly EXCEPT MMS messages. I can send them to other iPhones using iMessages, however. I cannot receive or send media messages. Also, iOS 6 removed the option to manually enter the MMS settings. At this time there isn't a way to do it. The only thing I have going for me at the point is that I've submitted my request to AT&T to unlock my device being that it isn't in contract any longer. The jailbreak community is also working to jailbreak iOS 6. When that happens, you can install TetherMe and update your Network/carrier settings from it. Hope this helps!

Can you please explain how you did this? What steps exactly? And which APN did you use?

I am not able to get data or MMS working on my iphone 4S with iOS 6 using ST.

thanks
Starfish108

Postby MorticiaJ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I am having the same exact problem I updated and then my Internet just went..
MorticiaJ

Postby MorticiaJ » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Like I also think I have the same number as someone else cause I keep getting calls from Ohio I live in New York
MorticiaJ

Postby Mac8a » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:47 am

pList editing in iOS 5 and restoring with iBackupBot on a non-jailbroken iPhone has never worked for me. Something always resets the APNs to the default "phone" one. It does the same thing in iOS 6 too.

The only way I can get data & MMS working on a non-jailbroken iPhone is by:

1. Opening the Notes app (or any other stock app)

2. Going to Settings > General > Network

3. Taking the Straight Talk SIM out and putting in a T-Mobile SIM (can be brand new & unactivated. mines is)

4. Go into Cellular Data Network when it shows up

5. Immediately put the Straight Talk SIM back in

6. Multitask between Cellular Data Network and the Notes app back and forth until a signal from Straight Talk comes in and the default non-working data & MMS APN are automatically entered.

7. Once the APNs show up, edit them manually

8. Go toggle Airplane Mode on and off, and reboot the phone

Data and MMS now work fine.

Cellular Data
APN: att.mvno
Username: *blank*
Password: *blank*

MMS
APN: att.mvno
Username: *blank*
Password: *blank*
MMSC: http://www.mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: *blank*

I can confirm 100% that this method still works in iOS 6 GM.

Google "Straight Talk iPhone HowardForums Wiki" and what I explained above is on that page too. The entire site is down as of this post so I explained it as best as I could.
Mac8a

Next

Return to Welcome