This Forum Needs Changes...

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Re: This Forum Needs Changes...

Postby pauljulian » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:47 pm

True - my issue, that of the android.keypad error that force-closes, necessitating a full factory reset in many instances (and I'm at about 1 per day) is one shared by many here, yet the responses are to go offline.

My other technical issues with the firmware, well... I'm fairly convinced that the techs, if they're not bots, are forbidden to address... hence, my rantings here that seem to make it through the moderators, yet are never, ever addressed, except by you, my friend... a fellow frustrated customer.

BTW, I had the pleasure of wasting my afternoon restoring all my apps and data after another factory reset caused by the above issue. What caused the issue this time? Why power-cycling the phone, of course... silly me thinking it's acceptable to turn the beast off...
pauljulian

Postby Gronk » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:29 pm

I've come to the conclusion that if I am not given the code I need to change these settings by my service end date, I am just going to hop on Family Mobile and get a Galaxy S2. It's a much better phone, and less restricted too. It's sad that it comes down to this, but I figure if I've been a customer for over 2 years now, they should be able to provide me with a simple 6 digit code so I can change my call quality.
Gronk

Postby pauljulian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm

I've been a Straight Talk customer for a few years, and have usually had good service. Actually, I've never had to use customer service for more than billing and coverage issues, so there's that. Decided to save wear and tear on my pockets and got a smart phone --- perfectly adequate for my needs, when it works. It's not the device, it's the crippled firmware we've been saddled with and enough is enough.

End of service date, going to go to Cricket - their web presence is helpful, their coverage and service are good, and, most of all, their firmware is stable.

I am tired of robotic tech non-answers, and refuse to subject myself to the wait time attempting to speak with a human.

Enough is assuredly enough.
pauljulian

Postby Gronk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:14 pm

I think it's safe to say Straight Talk will not be replying to this thread anymore. Chock up one less customer, not to mention the ones I'll turn away at work (I work for Walmart). Other companies actually provide this elusive thing called customer service at the same price of $45 a month. Not to mention the option of 4G if your phone supports it.
Gronk

Postby pauljulian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:18 pm

Well, I was a support tech for Sprint for about 3 months, and I left because it was all about the stats and getting the customer off the phone as soon as possible... granted, my average handle time was huge, but I had a lot of happy customers, as I refused to open a support ticket if I was able to resolve their issues.

I actually have had some response to my issue... no solutions, of course, but at least an acknowledgement, which, after all, is rather surprising.
pauljulian

Postby Gronk » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:00 pm

I have been both ignored and lied to by representatives online and over the phone trying to get the information I wanted from Straight Talk. Lying to a customer who provides money for your services in simply unforgivable in my books. They could have handled my requests in numerous ways, but the picked the worst option possible, so I shall not be supporting their bank accounts with my hard-earned money any longer.
Gronk

Postby pauljulian » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Well, my friend, I'm with you there... I'm now in the middle of my 3rd restore today... good thing I remembered to back everything up this morning. I was contacted by one of the techs, so at least I did get an acknowledgement that I exist, but there have been no further responses since early afternoon.
pauljulian

Postby st5566 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:32 pm

i agree
st5566

Postby pauljulian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:46 pm

And, as usual, we're being ignored by the techs, no doubt because taking a KNOWN ISSUE offline is offensive, is lazy, and is not customer service, but rather racking up the stats.

I'm disgusted, beyond irate, and tired as hell of being ignored.
pauljulian

Postby pauljulian » Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:50 pm

My phone is, surprisingly, working and up... at least until I need to powercycle it, in which case I'm going to get the usual android.huawei.keypadprogramming force-close, and will be required to factory-reset it and restore all my data once again.

I love this phone... if the firmware was stable, and if the KNOWN ISSUE would be addressed publicly, perhaps I wouldn't be as much a gadfly here, but it's not, it hasn't, and until the admins decide they're getting tired of it, I'm going to bitch as often as possible.

This is not a forum. It's a means to rack up stats, and a way to make us think we'll actually get service, rather than staying on hold or not getting through.

I guess one gets what one pays for.
pauljulian

PreviousNext

Return to Welcome