Streaming Pandora Music okay with Straight Talk Terms?

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Streaming Pandora Music okay with Straight Talk Terms?

Postby turbulent28 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Okay, so terms says this:

6. STRAIGHT TALK UNLIMITED TALK, TEXT AND MOBILE WEB ACCESS PLAN INTENDED USE: Straight Talk Unlimited Talk, Text and Mobile Web Access Plans may ONLY be used with a Straight Talk handset for the following purposes: (i) Person to Person Voice Calls (ii) Text and Picture Messaging (iii) Internet browsing through the Straight Talk Mobile Web Service and (iv) Authorized Content Downloads from the Straight Talk Mobile Web Store. The Straight Talk Unlimited Plans MAY NOT be used for any other purpose. Examples of prohibited uses include, without limitation, the following: (i) continuous mobile to mobile or mobile to landline voice calls; (ii) automated text or picture messaging to another mobile device or e-mail address; (iii) uploading, downloading or streaming of audio or video programming or games; (iv) server devices or host computer applications, including, but not limited to, Web camera posts or broadcasts, automatic data feeds, automated machine-to-machine connections or peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing; or (v) as a substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections. This means, by way of example only, that checking email, surfing the Internet, downloading legally acquired songs, and/or visiting corporate intranets is permitted, but downloading movies using P2P file sharing services and/or redirecting television signals for viewing on laptops is prohibited. A person engaged in prohibited uses may have his/her service terminated without notice or a refund.

But the new Straight Talk "Feel Richer" Ad shows android playing Pandora....

So can we or cant we?

Ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO-JQUM18HU
turbulent28

Re: Streaming Pandora Music okay with Straight Talk Terms?

Postby turbulent28 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:51 am

anyone?
turbulent28

Postby markthreadless » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:34 pm

I wouldn't do it if I were you. You'd go over the data limits.
markthreadless

Postby ratwell » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

Curious about this myself
ratwell

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:18 am

Hi markthreadless! I have approved your posts. Please check if your private messaging feature has been enabled Thanks..
Jhonally_ST

Postby turbulent28 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:16 pm

dont stream music, but my thing is the misleading advertising.. Kinda like the whole unlimited data*
turbulent28

Postby ST - Larry » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 am

Hi turbulent28. My name is Straight Talk Larry. Though we offer unlimited browsing, but not for audio/video streaming or using your phone as a modem for your Laptops or Personal Computers. This kind of usage will have a great impact on the carrier’s network and service level and may result into system issues. Use the phone’s WiFi connection should you need to use it for video/audio streaming or any activity that will require large amount of data. Thanks.
ST - Larry

Return to Welcome