samsung galaxy proclaim isnt working

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

samsung galaxy proclaim isnt working

Postby talon67x » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:49 am

i have a samsung galaxy proclaim as of june 22nd at 5 pm my phone lost its calling and message services. your customer service rep after making me type in the activation code 20 times told me that service was down in the central pennsylvania area, and told me that it would be back up within 24 hours and if it wasnt to call back. later that night i decided to ask my friends on facebook that live in the same city as me if any of them had the same phone as me and if their service was also off. i received 15 messages back telling me that all there phones were working perfectly! so on the 23rd i called in on one of there phones to customer service to get my service fixed and once again was told that all straight talk phones in my location running verizon towers were down. but I informed the representative that i was calling him from a galaxy proclaim on your network and I was still told that all the verizon covered phones were down in my area, and he refused to acknowledge that the phone i was using was exactly the same as mine being used a foot away from mine! he also informed me that it was posted and i could check myself that the verizon towers were down but refused to tell me how to check it. If this was my personal phone I wouldnt be soo angered by this, but this is the phone i use as the phone number to my business! my phone being off is costing me hundreds of dollars. And this has gone on for the 2 busiest days of my work week friday and saturday. The only answer i got was to wait 24 hours on the 22nd and after the 24 hour period i called back and was told to wait another 24 hours! i cannot afford to keep loosing money because no one is assisting me on getting my phone working. Due to this issue i would have expected my bill to be covered by your companys failure to provide me the service i pay every month for to make up for the loss of money straight talk has cost me! And this is not the first time I have had issues with your company. i have had countless problems with my service thru straight talk and every time i call i receive poor customer service! I would appreciate my service to my phone to be restored as soon as possible and something to make up for the loss of wages this is continuing to cost me.
talon67x

Re: samsung galaxy proclaim isnt working

Postby Anne_ST » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:28 am

Hi talon67x. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby jockt » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:20 pm

So Talon did you get things "straight" ened out? (Excuse the pun) :D

I can tell you that I live and use my Samsung Proclaim less than 20 miles away from you and I've been able to make and receive calls with no problems for the last week. The only issue I have is with downloading pics in my texts messeges, keeps dropping the 3G.

I'll tell ya after reading a bunch of these threads about different issues and having experienced the customer service provided by straight talk (or should I say "lack there of") I often ask myself "Is it really worth saving a few hundred bucks a year putting up with this crap, maybe I should switch back to verizon". Naaaa, well not yet anyway.
jockt

Postby Anne_ST » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:55 am

Hi jockt. My name is Straight Talk Anne. I’m going to try to help you now.
We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I’ll contact you directly at the e-mail address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thanks.
Anne_ST

Postby dcrowley29 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:47 pm

I will be receiving mine in the mail tomorrow, but after reading some of these posts, I am a bit concerned with the customer service. That seems to be a recurring theme. I, too, would like to save money, but not if my phone does not work. Are you happy with the resolution they have given you?

Thanks.
dcrowley29

Postby HarryNutz » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:38 pm

Lack of customer service for sure seems to be a trend. I have like 2 or 3 posts even on the forums that were done hours and hours ago that have yet to appear. I dont get whats with havin to approve every single post and then most of them end up going to private message. Hmmm
HarryNutz

Postby HarryNutz » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:42 am

When a moderator reads this, could you please assist me with some kind of contact phone number or email address that I would get ahold of someone at the Straight Talk corporate headquarters or someone in charge that can help me? I have posted a couple questions on here and they havent been put up and I would really like to know why the forums is setup in such a way that every single post has to be monitored versus just monitoring posts and deleting ones that aren't suitable... it would be half the work, people could have answers quicker rather then waiting days and if there 20 people all with the same question they could possibly find the help within another post. I must have come across dozens of posts about MMS not working... all taken to PM but 90% of those people could have benefited from a response posted on the forums and not in PM.
HarryNutz

Return to Welcome