Iphone 3GS not working with Straight Talk! UUID not unique?

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Iphone 3GS not working with Straight Talk! UUID not unique?

Postby adam1980 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm getting frustrated and I need help! A few months ago, after doing my research I bought an AT&T Iphone 3GS on E-bay for use with AT&T's GoPhone plan. I was under the impression, using Iphone with Gophone was relatively simple, (regardless if AT&T claimed it wouldn't work.) In fact, at first it worked flawlessly, before AT&T detected it and shut off the data features from working.

I only use maybe 60 minutes of talk per month, and maybe 20 minutes of internet? Therefore, I don't need a $60 per month contact for minimal use, but I do need a smartphone with working data functions occasionally when I'm working and away from the office or a wifi connection.

After AT&T told me they couldn't help me, I went back to doing my research, and it appeared Straight Talk was my solution? There were plenty of videos on Youtube showing people getting a straight talk sim card, popping it in, changing the APN setting and using it on their Iphone without problems.

So, I canceled my GoPhone account and ordered a Straight Talk smart card with the unlisted monthly plan for $40 something dollars. I've gotten the card and activated my account. My phone is now working for text and phone calls, but I still can't use data! And that's the whole reason I need the phone!

I go to change the APN carrier settings at unlockit.nz, just as the Youtube tutorials show, but when I go to install the carrier settings to Smart Talk, I keep getting the message "Profile failed to install. The UUID for the profile "APN Carrier Settings" is not not unique.

I've scoured the internet for the solution to this problem. I find numerous posts with people having the same problem, but nobody ever replies with the fix! I did find one suppose solution last week involving manually changing the settings using Itunes, but I can no longer find the post describing what I need to do!

I need help! How do I solve this problem! Why can't I get my Iphone data to work when plenty of people are using Iphones with Straight Talk and posting the videos to prove it!
adam1980

Re: Iphone 3GS not working with Straight Talk! UUID not uniq

Postby Jhonally_ST » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:14 am

Hi adam1980. My name is StraightTalk Jhonally. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message and you will receive confirmation of this at the email address you provided when you signed up for this forum. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby adam1980 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:11 pm

Ok, I'd appreciate the help. However, just tried to reply to the PM, and it's telling me I need to post five messages to reply?!? What's up with that? I don't have five other things to post, I just need help with this issue. Why do I have to come up with five things to post first!
adam1980

Postby adam1980 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:26 pm

This is my fifth post. Can I please reply to my PM's now!?!
adam1980

Postby ginap1563 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:02 am

I am having the exact same probably. I have spent a total of 12 hours trying to follow instructions online to correct this issue to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!!!
ginap1563

Postby ST - Larry » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm

Hi adam1980. You have 5 approved posts. Private message is now enabled. Thanks.
ST - Larry

Postby ST - Larry » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi ginap1563. My name is Straight Talk Larry. We need to take this issue offline so we can address it further. Please make multiple posts or at least five posts to enable private message. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Welcome