want a new phone..

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

want a new phone..

Postby sanchy11 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:24 pm

hello..can someone help me please i've been wanting to get a new phone from nokia E71 to iphone..but before buying a new phone what is the 1st thing that i should do??
sanchy11

Re: want a new phone..

Postby Sophie_ST » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:52 am

Hi sanchy11. My name is Straight Talk Sophie and I will be addressing your question. If you have a Straight Talk Nokia E71 phone and would like to upgrade to an iPhone, you must purchase a BYOP SIM card to use Straight Talk Service. We can transfer your number ans remaining service benefits to another phone as long as the number is still active. Thank you.
Sophie_ST

Postby dsugarthing1999 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:13 pm

so we can use an IPHONE ON STRAIGHT TALK?
dsugarthing1999

Postby dsugarthing1999 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Sophie_ST wrote:Hi sanchy11. My name is Straight Talk Sophie and I will be addressing your question. If you have a Straight Talk Nokia E71 phone and would like to upgrade to an iPhone, you must purchase a BYOP SIM card to use Straight Talk Service. We can transfer your number ans remaining service benefits to another phone as long as the number is still active. Thank you.
sanchy11 wrote:hello..can someone help me please i've been wanting to get a new phone from nokia E71 to iphone..but before buying a new phone what is the 1st thing that i should do??
so we can use an IPHONE ON STRAIGHT TALK?
Sophie_ST wrote:Hi sanchy11. My name is Straight Talk Sophie and I will be addressing your question. If you have a Straight Talk Nokia E71 phone and would like to upgrade to an iPhone, you must purchase a BYOP SIM card to use Straight Talk Service. We can transfer your number ans remaining service benefits to another phone as long as the number is still active. Thank you.
dsugarthing1999

Postby sanchy11 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

thanks straight talk Sophie for answering my question..so i would need to purchase a new sim card which is called BYOP to activate the Iphone and does the Iphone needs to be unlocked or locked?and i have the unlimited txt,calls and data plan do i still pay the same amount or do i pay extra like when u have the Iphone from At&T and all..thank u..
sanchy11

Postby Jhonally_ST » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:52 am

Good day, sanchy11! My name is StraightTalk Jhonally and I will be addressing your question. Yes, you may purchase the BYOP SIM card plus the $45 Unlimited Service Plan. You must jailbreak your phone or the phone must be unlocked in order to update the APN settings. Hope this answers your question. Thank you.
Jhonally_ST

Postby sanchy11 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:41 am

thank you for replaying..so whats gonna happen to my old sim card and my old $45 unlimited plan from straight talk when i purchase this BYOP and new $45 unlimited plan..i wouldn't have to plan (2) $45 plan would i??sorry if im being a pain..
sanchy11

Postby Stephanie_ST » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 am

Hi sanchy11. If you have an active phone with Straight Talk, you can request to transfer the phone number and service plan as long as the plan is Unlimited to your unlocked GSM phone upon activation. You don't need to purchase a service plan anymore. If you do, you can also add that to your reserve upon activation. The old SIM card will be deactivated once the number is ported over. Thanks!
Stephanie_ST

Postby sanchy11 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:15 pm

so all i need is to get the new unlocked iphone and BYOP sim card then call the straight talk to transfer everything to my unlimited service plan to help me out..can someone else use my old sim card from straight talk to get a new line??
sanchy11

Postby sanchy11 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 pm

hello..so all i need is to get a new iphone purchase the BYOP SIM card and call the straight talk to help me out to transfer my unlimited service plan and ill be all set??can someone else use my old sim card if they wish to use my old nokia E71??
sanchy11

Next

Return to Welcome