BYOP SIM choice

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

BYOP SIM choice

Postby Rebel60 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am

I went to the ST website & clicked on the buy sim now. It gives the following 4 choices:
Phone is a Blackberry, or branded TracFone, SafeLink, NET10 or Straight Talk
Unlocked Phone (Phone must operate in 850 and 1900 MHz bands)
AT&T Compatible Phone
T-Mobile Compatible Phone
I chose the unlocked phone & entered my choice of sim (I actually tried both to see the results) and entered my zip code 39507, both SIM's are for AT&T. I don't get to choose T-Mobile.
The only way I can choose T-Mobile is to buy a T-Mobile branded phone, select that & then I can get the T-Mobile SIM.
I thought that as long as the phone was "Unlocked" I could choose which SIM I preferred to use. This appears to not be the case. I have to buy a T-Mobile phone in order to use T-Mobile. So way even list the "unlocked phone" option? You don't have a choice.
Yes, T-Mobile is available in my area.
Rebel60

Re: BYOP SIM choice

Postby John » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi Rebel60. My name is Straight Talk John and I will be addressing your question. We have checked already in this. In order for you to get the T-Mobile SIM card, you may select the T-Mobile compatible option and proceed to purchase it. It will work with your unlocked GSM phone. Thank you.
John

Postby chrisbean2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:38 am

Do you HAVE to specify if its a att or t mobile phone?
If its unlocked wont it work no matter what?
chrisbean2

Postby ST - Larry » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:56 pm

Hi chrisbean2. My name is Straight Talk Larry. There will be an option to choose which Bring Your Own Phone SIM card you are going to use. If the phone is unlock, then it will be able to use other provider's network/service. Please visit www.straighttalksim.com for Frequently Asked Questions section. Thank you.
ST - Larry

Return to Welcome