Straight Talk lost my phone number :(

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Straight Talk lost my phone number :(

Postby alstuser » Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 pm

I’m having an incredibly frustrating issue with StraighTalk, so frustrating my family life is at stake.
Long story short. To save some money, I’ve switched my wife to StraighTalk from T-Mobile about 2 years ago. Everything was great except Sprint tower has a very weak signal at our place. So, this spring I’ve got my wife a new LG Optimus Zip to upgrade her Sumsung and use Verizon's tower. Ported the phone number (205) 563-xxxx over fine from the old ST phone to the new one in April and was so happy with new signal that even added 12 months of service to the plan reserve.
Everything was fine until this weekend - old phone number worked like before, phone is just awesome, fast Internet – just another happy customer. However, an early Saturday while waiting on an important call from her possible future employer, my wife tried to call me and got “phone is not active” message. OK, problems happen. I login into ST and see to my surprise see a totally wrong phone number assigned to my account – (205) 440-6987! That one is not working as well, when I call it get “user didn’t setup voice mail” message. OK, no problems. Call CS. My old phone number is not in the system! The new wrong phone number is there and I’m told that that what my phone number is! OK, CS connects me to tech support. I’m told that something is messed up in the system and they are moving my old number back to me. 30 min later they tell me to reboot the phone and it works fine. Awesome!
Today – the same problem! My wife can’t call, phone is inactive, she is mad as hell at me. When I call the number, Verizon tells me that the number is disconnected! OK, calling CS again from work. The lady tells me again - (205) 440-6987 is my phone number!! That I’ve had added money to it and for 2 months it was my phone number! OK, tell her to transfer me to tech support. This time, the tech is totally lost and tells me that the old phone number (205) 563-xxxx is lost for good most likely! The records show that (205) 440-6987 was activated by tech support the last time I’ve called two days ago, there are no records on (205) 563-xxxx and it is too late to recover it!!! I beg him for help, he talks to the supervisor, does something and 30 min later the phone works again and my old phone number is alive! Great!!!
However, when I login now into my ST page and see that (205) 440-6987 is still my account number! And to add the frustration, I have only 2 months of service left; 10 months have disappeared for good!
Please, please help me for Jesus sake. My wife absolutely hates me at the moment and I don’t know what to do. Thank you
alstuser

Re: Straight Talk lost my phone number :(

Postby ST - Cherry » Wed May 22, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi alstuser. . My name is Straight Talk Cherry. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I’m going to try to help you now. We need to take this issue offline so I can address it further. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Cherry

Return to Welcome