Straighttalk's website continues to forget my password

Thank you for visiting the Straight Talk Forum, your one-stop resource for Straight Talk information.

Straighttalk's website continues to forget my password

Postby jpalmi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:56 pm

I've been with Straighttalk for over 3 years now and the last few months have been horrible when trying to access my, or my wife's accounts.
both of us keep receiving the "incorrect email or password" message.
after several attempts of resetting passwords and such, we'll usually be able to get it working.
Matter of fact, I was able to get her account's password reset and was able to get her logged in just a little bit ago, however when I tried my own account, I ran into the same thing, I reset my password twice and still could not log in, then I tried a couple capital letters in my email address (not password) and then entered the same password I had already reset it to and was able to log in.
I tried making changes to my login details (secret question, etc) which of course requires me to type in my password again for the changes, and it said my password was wrong.

I'M IN MY ACCOUNT, HOW CAN MY PASSWORD BE WRONG WHEN I JUST USED IT TO LOG IN?????

so I log out and when I tried logging back in with the same password I just used, I can no longer get into my account.

TWO more times, I reset my password to the same thing, and both times the reset was successful, but when I tried to log in with the password I literally just set, it tells me incorrect email or password all over again.

This makes absolutely no sense.
I tried chrome, IE and Firefox incase some stupid popup was being blocked, but NOPE, no issues with the browser.

Straight Talk, what are you going to do to fix your website?? I see several complaints about this a couple years ago on here as well.
Also, put a fricken email address in your "Contact Us" info.
I don't have time to sit on the phone and I'm not snail mailing a letter either.

SIncerely,
unhappy customer.
jpalmi

Re: Straighttalk's website continues to forget my password

Postby Shelly_ST » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 pm

Hi jpalmi. My name is Straight Talk Shelly. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
Shelly_ST

Postby jpalmi » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm

I just reset my password another time and after successfully resetting it, went to log in and it failed using all lower case letters in my email address.
I tried again with the first two letters of my email address capitalized and it logged me in.

Is the Email field really case sensitive or is this a fluke? this is twice now, that this happened.
I made another attempt to change my secret question as well as the contact phone number in my account and when prompted for my current password, I typed in the exact password I just signed in with and it tells me again that the password does not match the customer's password on this account.

Seriously???
jpalmi

Postby alita » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi jpalmi. My name is TracFone Alita. Sorry that you’re having a problem. Please check your Forum inbox for a private message. Thank you.
alita

Postby lgarrislaw » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:25 pm

I have the exact same problem. I've tried logging in from multiple devices/browsers and reset my password successfully multiple times as well, but straighttalk website will not allow me to login. Technical issues or something? I've never had difficulty like this when dealing with any other website. Please Help StraighTalk...
lgarrislaw

Postby ST - Mark » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi lgarrislaw. My name is Straight Talk Mark. Sorry that you’re having a problem. I will contact you directly with a private message. Thanks.
ST - Mark

Postby Aslowery » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:55 pm

I have the same issue I know im using the correct password but straight talk says it is incorrect i have now reset the password 6 times but each time i try the new password straight talk still says it is worng

please assist
Aslowery

Postby Aslowery » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:13 pm

I have the same issue I know im using the correct password but straight talk says it is incorrect i have now reset the password 6 times but each time i try the new password straight talk still says it is worng

please assist
Aslowery

Postby ST - Mark » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:59 pm

Hi Aslowery. My name is Straight Talk Mark. We do apologize for the inconvenience that you have experienced. Please check your Forum inbox for a message. Thank you.
ST - Mark

Return to Welcome